Schoeps ORTF 3-D Outdoor Set Stand Version
The ORTF-3D was developed aiming at optimal imaging characteristics, similar to those of the 'ORTF Stereo' and 'ORTF Surround' setups. It features very good 360° imaging with a pleasant, natural-sounding spatial impression and a large listening area.
- outdoor plug and play solution for 3D Ambience
- Wind and weatherproof with internal heating
- 8 discrete recording channels for L, R, Ls, Rs and Lh, Rh, LSh, RSh. If a Center channel is needed, add the downmix L+R at a low level.
The ORTF-3D was developed with optimal imaging characteristics in mind. It is part of the SCHOEPS ORTF series, similar to 'ORTF Stereo' and 'ORTF Surround' setups. It features very good 360° imaging with a pleasant, natural-sounding spatial impression and a large listening area.
The ORTF-3D setup uses 8 supercardioid studio quality microphones.
The 'ORTF-3D Outdoor Set' is a complete set. It includes:
- No. 176202: WSC ORTF-3D: windshield with suspension and fur and integrated heating as well as cabling
- 4 * No. 121017: CCM 41, Supercardioid Microphones
- 4 * No. 121103: CCM 41V Supercardioid Microphones
- 2 * No. 152407: K Surround 5 M: 4ch multicore cable
- 1 * No. 152403: AK Surround M / 4U: 4ch breakout cable
- 1 * No. 154202: AK Surround H M / 4U: 4ch breakout cable with heating supply
- 1 * No. 222003: Waterproof "MAX" Plastic Case
A Rain cover is optionally available (No. 179001)
About the development and application of the ORTF-3D technique:
- 2014: First version of the original "ORTF-3D", beta test at major sports events in Brazil
- 2015: Presentation of the flat ORTF-3D microphone setup (ICSA, Graz)
- 2016: OEM windscreen, developed by CINELA, first version made of transparent acrylic glass
- 2018: Exterior plastic grille is black, redesigned microphone suspensions (blue) to easier mount microphones and avoid cable breaks
- 2018: second version for stand mounting
- 2019: Suspensions revised (green): Coincidence now rel. the horizontal plane