Schoeps K EMC 10 U HQ Microphone Cable with EMC connectors, Mono, 10m
SCHOEPS is well-known as a manufacturer of microphones and microphone accessories. Microphone cables have long been among these offerings. The K EMC is Schoeps' newest cable. It offers particularly good immunity to electromagnetic interference.
- particularly unsusceptible against RF interference
What distinguishes the K EMC?
There are several essential requirements for good cables in professional applications. The SCHOEPS K EMC meets these requirements in an ideal manner:
- It uses high-quality Neutrik XLR-3 "EMC"-type connectors. These have been specially developed to help prevent ground loops and combat ”Pin 1” problems.
- Its star-quad construction is especially effective in resisting magnetic interference.
- The low capacitance and series resistance permit the use of very great lengths when needed.
- Its robust electrical screen is cross-braided for improved coverage, with a graphite-coated inner mantle; both features shield the inner conductors optimally from radio-frequency interference.
- It is only 4 mm in diameter, yet is very robust due to the multiple bundles of Kevlar fiber in its jacket.
- It has no tendency to twist or untwist once installed; if you suspend a microphone from this type of cable, the microphone's orientation will be preserved.
- It can be bent many thousands of times within a narrow radius if necessary, without breaking.
- It remains particularly flexible in the cold, due to its polyurethane outer jacket.
SCHOEPS' single-channel microphone cables feature special RF-resistant Neutrik connectors at both ends. These connectors use a circular array of miniature capacitors to connect pin 1 to the connector housings, thus offering substantial protection from radio-frequency interference while also preventing ground loops. This approach completely settles the old question of whether to connect the cable shield to pin 1 at one or both ends of the cable.
For easy identification, the plug connector has a nickel finish while the socket connector is black.