Schoeps ORTF Surround Indoor Set Set including 4 *CCM 41 L, ORTF Surround Bar LM, Rycote INV-7, K Surround 5 M, AK Surround M/4U
The “ORTF Surround” recording method is a new system for the pickup of surround ambience. This microphone arrangement and its sonic characteristics are quite similar to those of the well-known “IRT Cross“ designed by Günther Theile. Both the 360° imaging and the spatial impression are of optimal quality. This is achieved with a high degree of signal separation among channels, based both on arrival-time differences and level differences.
- indoor plug and play solution for Surround Ambience
- optimal imaging characteristics like those of the “IRT Cross”:
good 360° imaging with a pleasant, natural-sounding spatial impression
- complete set including the mounting bar, four CCM 41 L supercardioids and the breakout cable
- applications: sporting events, film sound, etc.
The ORTF Surround Indoor Set comprises:
- four CCM 41 Lg compact microphones
- a four-way “ORTF Surround Bar“ (ORTF Surround Bar LM) terminated with a Surround multi-pin connector (AES-65)
- an elastic suspension (Rycote Invision INV-7)
- a 5-meter, four-way Binder multi-core cable (K Surround 5 M)
- an adapter cable AK Surround M/4U (Multipin / 4 × XLR-3M)
When working indoors, the ORTF Surround Indoor Set is used without windscreen. If a moderate degree of wind protection should be required, a Schoeps B 5 D foam windscreen can be placed over each microphone separately.
Adapter Cable from Miniature Multi-Pin to XLR-3 AK Surround M/4U (M/5U)
Cable for SurroundK Surround M
Compact Microphone CCM 41
Mounting bar for 4*CCM 41ORTF Surround Bar LM
|Setup without / with basket windscreen and Windjammer
||410 g (without basket windscreen)
||see CCM 41 L compact microphone